Ask a Urologist   »  

Small bruise on penis shaft that's not healing, masturbation doesn't pain. What can be done ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question

I have a small bruise on my penis shaft(where the penis head ends) it is not getting healed, (no pain,no discomfort) the bruise is like 3mm (with a smal open skin) i noticed this on one fine morning! I visited a strip club the day before i noticed. I was wearing a hard jeans and the girl gave a rough dance rubbing my penis. Its been there for like 4 weeks now.

P.S: I am able to masturbate normally without any pain.
I am a virgin and had got like 4 CBJs..
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 21 minutes later
Hi there

I have read and understood your problem.

Do you have any pain or burning sensation on passing urine.

Is there any fluid or discharge from the wound on your penis.

It appears that the wound may have been caused due to trauma caused by the dancer or also by the CBJ's if it was done roughly. Other causes could be possible damage to the thin skin of the shaft of the penis due to certain lesions like erythroplakia for example.

To aid in the right diagnosis and treatment it would be wise to consult a Dermatologist-Venerologist in this regard. Avoid masturbation for a while until you get clearance from the Doctor as this can prevent healing of the lesion as well.

Till you get a consult, you may apply a bit of petroleum jelly or mild antibiotic cream on the area. Keep the region clean and dry.

Cultivate healthy eating habits, regular exercise, practice safe sex to enjoy a healthy life.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Small bruise on penis shaft that's not healing, masturbation doesn't pain. What can be done ? 35 minutes later
Hi

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I feel no pain or any discomfort passing urine. the wound is not wet or no fluid discharge from the wound. do you want me to attach a pic of the same?

also please tell me, which antibiotic cream i shud apply?

I am so worrried that if it cud be any STD :(

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 4 minutes later
Hi there.

You may apply Neosporin ointment on the affected area for relief. Drink plenty of water to prevent STD would occur only if you have had sexual intercourse or unprotected BJ's. Not to worry. Kindly avoid sex or masturbation till you consult with your Doctor.

It would be best to allay your fears for good by consulting with a Dermatologist-Venerologist who would examine you thoroughly and also perform necessary tests to diagnose the condition so that the right effective treatment may be started.

Follow-up: Small bruise on penis shaft that's not healing, masturbation doesn't pain. What can be done ? 3 hours later
Thanks a lot. I am finding difficult to find one dermatologist/venr'lgst.

Why i am worried is, its been almost 3-4 weeks now and the bruise is not completely healed ( but it has healed to some extent)

attached a pic of that. please look into it, u can see the bruise in that
thanks

thanks

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 26 minutes later
Hi there.

I have reviewed the attached picture. It is not very clear to understand but I was able make out that a light colored lesion over the sac or scrotum.

Is this the correct location?

Is there any itching? Has the lesion increased in size?

Is there any sore on your penis head?

This lesions being slightly lighter in color can be due to variety of causes like infection, leukoplakia, and drug reaction as well. The correct diagnosis can be established by further examination and testing by the Doctor only because this can be mimicked by many conditions.

Do not worry. You may allay your fears by consulting a good Dermatologist for the same.

I hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: Small bruise on penis shaft that's not healing, masturbation doesn't pain. What can be done ? 1 hour later
Yes, the lesion is right. but the location is not the sac.
Its my penis head what you see. Next to the urethra. there is no itching or increase in size, actually the size has been reduced from what the orig size was.
my last question:

just visiting a dermatologist, wud do or, shud i visit a dermatologist-venerologist.

Even am sure it is not a std, as i never had sex in my life :) thanks for ur responses. you eased the pressure on me.

Thanks again

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 17 minutes later
Hi there.

I understand the problem.

Since the lesion has been subsiding, it is a good sign. Proper clinical examination and treatment should be of benefit.

You may visit a Dermatologist who will be well qualified to manage such problems as well.

Continue living healthy lifestyle. Avoid stress. Exercise daily.