Slowly gaining weight, hair loss, dry skin, sensitivity to heat, headaches, fatigue, ED, random tachycardia, sensitivity to gluten & dairy. Blood tests normal. Why these symptoms?

Question
I am 24 years old, 5'6" tall and 185 lbs. I've been to several doctors over the years and haven't been able to get any help regarding my health. I am slowly gaining weight, have increasing hair loss, dry skin, sensitivity to heat that makes me get terrible headaches, a fatigue that never goes away no matter how much rest I get, erectile dysfunction that only gets worse (not to mention anorgasmia), random tachycardia, eyebrows slowly falling out, poor circulation in my hands and feet, not to mention a severe sensitivity to gluten and dairy. Please someone help me. I've had lots of blood tests done but my doctors say there is nothing wrong with me. I Don't feel like a healthy person should be feeling this way or experiencing these symptoms, especially at my age. Please help!
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 3 hours later

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

Your erectile dysfunction and anorgasmia may reflect sexual anaesthesia. This immediately raises some serious concerns. If you can, please answer the this question honestly and wholesomely. I might be then help you:

Are you now, or were you ever, on any prescription or illicit drugs. Of particular interest would be antidepressants, body building stuff, hair loss stuff, marijuana, speed, bed wetting stuff, opiates, codeine, cocaine or , for that matter, anything.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Follow-up: Slowly gaining weight, hair loss, dry skin, sensitivity to heat, headaches, fatigue, ED, random tachycardia, sensitivity to gluten & dairy. Blood tests normal. Why these symptoms? 18 minutes later
I have never done any illegal drugs. However, when I was younger I was put on heavy antibiotics because the doctors thought that I had a skin infection. This turned out to be incorrect, but ever since then I have nearly lost the ability to distinguish tastes and smells.

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hello again,

Thanks for writing back.

It could be some alteration of the thyroid hormones along with some other hormonal imbalance. No single cause comes to my mind at this point which can explain all your symptoms.

A visit to an ENDOCRINOLOGIST might help you. Considering your symptoms It could be something related to your hormones. So please do consider a consultation with an Endocrinologist and get the relevant investigations as directed by him.

I apologize for not being able to help you in any better way.

Please write back if you have something more to share.

Wishing you good health and best of luck.

Thank you.

Andrew Rynne.