Slipped and fell down. Back hurts while breathing and have pain in abdomen. What's wrong?

Spine Surgeon
Hi Doctor,

I recently slipped and fell down while walking down the stairs and I thought i was alright. That night i was having back pain. Thought i would be better after few days. From that day till date when i breathe my back still hurts and apart from this i now have pain on my right side of abdomen. today i felt it little more to the extreme right.

I do not have any other uneasiness or vomiting or nausea.
Will you help please?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 1 hour later

I shall advise you to consult an orthopedician for clinical examination added by at least basic X-rays to rule out any bony/spinal injury.

You may need preliminary USG (Ultrasound) abdomen too. Look in case of trauma, injury may have bizarre presentations and it is better to consult doctor for a clinical examination and have preliminary check up.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Follow-up: Slipped and fell down. Back hurts while breathing and have pain in abdomen. What's wrong? 33 minutes later
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 15 minutes later
Hope for early recovery.