Ask a Urologist   »  

Skin under head of penis split, uncomfortable while having sex, not lubrication problem

Poor

Question
The skin just under the head of my penis has split this had happened before and is very uncomfortable it happens while having sex there is not a lubrication problem
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Thanks for the question.

Is this repeatedly happening ?

Can you please provide more details about this?

Follow-up: Skin under head of penis split, uncomfortable while having sex, not lubrication problem 1 hour later
This is the second time it has happened after the first time I stopped activity for a few days and allowed it to heal once it had healed we starter again that was about 3 weeks ago and last night during sex it did it again. The split in the skin is right at the base of the head which makes it hard for it to heal because when I am soft it is in the fold of skin.
Please let me know if you need anymore details.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 hours later
Ideally I would like to suggest a circumcision for this.It would be more of a long term solution.

Even if you let it heal, there will always be a chance of getting it again.

Again repeat healing can lead to fibrosis, which in future may can lead to phimosis and paraphimosis.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.

Regards.

Follow-up: Skin under head of penis split, uncomfortable while having sex, not lubrication problem 2 hours later
I am already circumcised

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 8 hours later
Actually in that case this should not happen, if circumcision was done in a proper way.

If few skin tags are left back which are loosely attach to subcutaneous tissue you can get such tears.

I think you can get a re-evaluation done by the doctor who did circumcision.Few minor correction can help prevent this in future.

Regards.