Skin blisters for a child, Pyoderma Gangrenosum?

My 5yr old son has blisters that have formed off and on everywhere on his body since he was 6 months. One docter told me it was pemphigus or pemphigoid. A second docter told me it could be reations to bug bits. My son says he wasn't biten by anything. I'm very worried because they pop then drains and tend to spead if I cover them. Please any information will help thanks! YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 8 hours later

Thanks for posting your query and also for sending the picture. I have seen it.

It does not look like Pemphigoid or Pemphigus to me. And it is certainly not related to an insect (bug) bite.

Before I can give any suggestions, I would like you to answer the following questions:

1- How long has the problem been?

2- How and where did it start?

3- Are the lesions itchy or painful?

4- How does an individual lesion start? - as a red bump which gradually enlarges and becomes a fluid filled blister and then ruptures to form a wound?

5- How long does it take for an individual lesion to heal and do the lesions heal with a scar?

6- What do you mean when you say the blisters are present all over the body? Are they present uniformly everywhere or are there any sites where the lesion is more numerous?

At this point, my possibilities are Pyoderma Gangrenosum and Ecthyma.

But it is too early to give a strong diagnostic possibility.

Please attach more pictures if possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you.