Sjogren's syndrome, lupus, Normal life possible?

If you are diagnosed with Sjorn syndrome does that mean you will develop Lupus? What are the treatment options and whatelse should I expect as it relates to associated health issues and can I lead a normal healthy life if I am only 22.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Sjogren's syndrome does not lead to Lupus. The prognosis of Sjogren's syndrome is not so bleak. You need to take good care of your eyes, use artificial tears regularly. Oral hygiene is also necessary and avoid oral infections at all costs.

With proper attention to eye, respiratory and oral care, the outlook for patients with Sjögren's syndrome is generally excellent. You can definitely lead a normal healthy life with the help of some supportive medicines and regular medical care.

Treatment is mainly symptomatic and to prevent the infections. You will gradually get accustomed to all this. There is nothing to worry.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.