Single high dose of Ambroxlite 2S given to an infant. Dangerous?

ENT Specialist
By mistake I have given 5ml of Ambrolite 2S for my 2 year old kid, is there a problem?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

First of all I would like to assure that, nothing is going to happen with a single high dose of Ambroxlite 2S

Ambrolite 2S contains 30 mg of Ambroxol per 5 ml of the liquid, ideally children aged 2 years require 22.5mg of Ambroxol per day, but a little more than the normal dose a day will not cause significant side effects. Do not give any more medicine of Ambrolite -2S for another 36 hours. Give adequate water for the child to prevent any dehydration.

Henceforth be careful while you give medicines for the kid as some medicines might cause serious side-effects.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.