Side effects of Loestrin birth control pills

im taking loestrin birth control and i having this bad bodyand dryness below, what can i do about this please help me
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 49 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Loestrin is a contraceptive pill and contains synthetic hormones. Its use is associated with side effects as nausea, headache, increased vaginal discharge, bleeding, fatigue, decreased libido, vaginal dryness, etc.

The side effects are quite common and might be present for initial few months. It seems you are experiencing the same. Once the body gets adjusted to the hormonal changes, these effects would subside on its own.

Vaginal dryness can be bothering during sexual intercourse. Artificial lubricants will be useful if you experience discomfort during a sexual act.

If the symptoms are severe and are persisting for a long period, consider visiting your healthcare provider for a prescription to change the brand.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.