Showing symptoms of rectal prolapse. Scared it may be inflicted with a sex toy. Treatment?

Hi... i have a rather embarrassing problem and I'm rather terrified. I think I'm showing symptoms of a (hopefully) minor rectal prolapse. there's nothing actually coming out of me, my online searching has shown this may be an intussusception. The only reason I'm even aware is I'm afraid it may be self inflicted with a sex toy I've used rather frequently the past few months.

I'd researched before hand that injury from anal sex is extremely rare and often not serious so I wasn't particularly careful. When I started to notice some strange bowel activity like constantly passing gas and minor constipation I decided to examine myself with my fingers and a mirror. Looking at the diagrams online I'm almost sure this is what I'm experiencing. There's visible tissue moving towards my anus when I push my pelvic muscles and I can feel tissue expanding and contracting inside with my fingers in a way that was certainly not normal before. I highly doubt it's hemorrhoids, I have no pain or bleeding, though there was mucous while I was examining myself.

I guess my question is that everything I'm reading indicates surgery as the only option for treatment. I have no health insurance currently so this is not really an option. I don't even have a general doctor to go to, and there's a very real issue of me not being able to tell anyone in my life about this. I need to know what I need to do to attempt to resolve this without surgery, or if there's even any hope of that.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would suggest you that whatever history you are giving is non specific and can occur in a variety of rectal disorder .

Whether surgery is required or not will be considered only after the diagnosis is established . In my opinion you are suffreing from rectal prolapse . But nothing can be said before examination .

I would advise you to see a surgeon for this problem . Till then have a high fibre diet , drink lots of water as it will help in softening of stools minimising the trauma to anal canal .You can take stool softeners also .

Dr. Shruti