Should less bleeding during the periods after D&C worry me ?

Hi Doctor, I am 29 years old and have a child of 4. I had a D&C due to incomplete abortion in nov-10 and didn't have periods for two months, on consulting my gynecologist she prescribed progesterone pills and since then i have periods regularly every month, but bleeding lasts for only two days. They used to be there for 4 to 5 days before. is there any reason to worry?

Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later
If you are having regular periods every month even if the bleeding is seen for only two days, it is absolutely normal. Regular cycles means the hormonal rhythm is being maintained normally. Lesser amount of bleeding does not cause any harm and there is nothing to worry.
Still you can get your hemoglobin checked to rule anemia as a cause of reduced bleeding.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.