Should i take immediate action for arrythmia of 10beats/min?

I am 42 and I have been extra hot this evening, and I have arrythmia (about 10 times per minute) with the following heart beat is very strong to where I can feel it. What is your opinion? Should I goto the hospital now, or make an appointment first thing in the morning.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 19 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for using Health Care Magic

It seem that you have developed an Cardiac Arrhythmia.
It could likely be a PSVT.

You should immediately rush to hospital and get an ECG done.
There is not time to waste..

Wish you good health

Thanks and Regards
Dr Kiran
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 2 minutes later

What I understand is that you are missing beats about 10 in a minute.The following beat after missed beat is strong.

You have not mentioned regarding any other complaints like headache,vomiting,chest pain etc.which normally is there in presence of arrhythmia.

It is possible that what you are having is just missed beats due to some reason.

Nicotine withdrawal or some anxiety related situation can lead to this.

Still it is advisable that you should at least get an EKG done to know the things properly.Please visit your doctor now and get your self examined.

I hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up.