Should i be concerned with my allergic reactions to shrimp?

I have problems with eating shrimp, sometime happen and not happen. allergies, little bums on my skin but goes away one questions is minor thing or stop eat shrimps?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: consider allergy testing Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic It would best to avoid shrimp till you can conclusively determine if you are allergic. Sensitisation is the process where a person essentially becomes progressively more allergic to a particular stimulus. Normally there would be a gradual increase in the response seen but everyone is different. You should consider an allergy test. This can be a blood test or a skin test. Your GP can do the blood tests and send it to a lab but if you prefer skin prick testing this would have to done by either a dermatologist or an allergist. These tests , either one, would be able to conclusively tell you whether you are allergic to shrimp. IF you are unable to do either of these tests in the near future then it would be best to avoid shrimp because this is one of the foods that can be associated with a severe allergic response. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions