Should esophageal problem or atrial fib be treated first?

Yes, please. My Physician has ordered Prilosec because I do suffer from esophageal problems. I also have problems w/ atrial fib. Which is more important to treat? The esophageal problem is more bothersome to me, however @ times I am aware of rapid heart beats/
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Risk of stroke. Take drugs for Atrial Fibrillation Detailed Answer: Hello, It is better to continue both the drugs ie. Drugs for Atrial fibrillation and Omeprazole. If you choose one, i will advice you to continue drugs for atrial fibrillation. Because, you are at increased risk of stroke. Patients with Atrial fibrillation have turbulent blood flow in the heart chambers. This sometimes leads to a small blood clot forming in a heart chamber. This clot moves to brain through blood vessels and end in Stroke. Thus it is always advisable to prevent clot formation. Hope this Helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.