Should I worry if my mouth got burned by hot food?

Hello, about 6 days ago i ate some really hot food burned the upper portion of my mouth. Today everything seems to be ok, I have no pain anymore in that area, but i have notice what appears to be a groove (i think it might be a scar forming) that was not there before. should i be worried?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

After a burn due to hot food our taste buds are the first thing to get affected. You might experience some loss of taste, burning sensation in the mouth. If there are any such symptoms then applying glycerine and local anaesthetic gel will help in relieving.

A small groove can be the result of fibrosis caused by the healing wound. This will be back to normal in next 5-7 days. You need not worry about it.

You can take Vitamin B- complex supplements to encourage early healing.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up query if any.