Should I worry about twisting of my testicle due to surgery?

Hi on a surgury repair of an undesended testicle can the testicle be stitch in the scrotum without cutting the scrotum open. Had surgury when I was 13 years old to bring down left side. Whent in through the groin. Testicle stays up at the base of penis. Never did the doctor make a incision in the scrotum. Do I need to worry about the testicle twisting. Thanks

Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later

Undescended testis can be fixed in the scrotum without opening up the scrotal sac.

However, I believe your scrotal pouch has been made a little higher and thus testis stay at the base of penis.

However, this should not worry you because this can be the position of testis.

Usually fixed testis have very little chance of twisting.

Due to the fIbrosis induced by surgery itself they get fixed at a place and hence no twisting.

Hope i have answered your query. I will be available for follow up.