Should I take medicine for blood pressure 111 over 44?

my blood pressure is 111 over 44,should i take my night time meds, i have high blood preassure and for 2days my preassure has been getting lower i take five kinds of meds for blood preassure and i have a implant its call a pulse generator cvrx ,if i take my night times would it lower it to low
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
I am Dr. Kulbir Singh and read your query with diligence. As a patient of hypertension good to see your blood pressure is around 111/44. Our aim in hypertensive patient is to maintain their systolic blood pressure around 120mmHg XXXXXXX and Diastolic blood pressure not more than 90mmHg. There is not much significance of lower value of diastolic blood pressure. Now about your query, whether you have to take the night medications for blood pressure? Before answering this query I want to know some more detail:
1. What are the name, doses and duration of the medications you are taking?
2. Does any Symptoms like dizziness, vertigo etc. present?
3. Does you feel any discomfort with lowered blood pressure or you just record it incidentally?
4. What do you thing the normal range of your blood pressure?

The purpose of the medications given at different intervals is to maintain the blood pressure in normal limits around the clock. Blood pressure is not said to be lowered unless it causes dizziness or blackout or Systolic BP is in two figures. If you decide to not take night medications for blood pressure it may cause rise in your blood pressure at mid night or late night. It is also possible that your medication can lower the blood pressure. So it is important for me to know the drugs and doses you are taking to control your hypertension. As you are taking a number of medications, so it is quite possible to reducing the dose of drugs or stopping one or two drugs if you are able to maintain the blood pressure a t this range.

Consult your treating doctor and if needed revise your medications. Write back to me if you have any doubt in you mind.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh