Should I take injections for IVF treatment ?

Hi, I am 29 years old and due to start injections for an IVF with icsi cycle. I have XXXXXXX ovaries so am starting the short protocoyle which means that the injections will begin on day 2 of my cycle (Puragon) For some reason my period is over a week late (I am not pregnant - but I have had a bad chest infection so am run down plus pretty stressed out about the IVF) anyway, today I went to see my general DR as I am desperate to get started on the injections and she prescribed duphaston - 2 tablets a day for 10 days - does this mean if I begin taking the tablets I will need to wait about 2 weeks for my period to finally come? Would I be better holding out to see if it comes naturally? Would really appreciate your advice, thanks!
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 53 minutes later

You have 2 options here.Either you wait for a few more days for your period to come so that you can start your injections as scheduled.The date for that cannot be certain.
Or,if you dont want to wait,then take the duphaston to get the withdrawal bleeding and start your injections from day 2.
You can even take 10mg a day for 5 days instead of 10.Normally,you should bleed anytime between 3-10 days after stopping the tablets.
Its totally upto you whether you want to wait or take the tablets.
But,as I have mentioned,whatever the cause of the delay,other than pregnancy,it cannot be confirmed when your period will come naturally.

So,if you want to start the injections without lost time,then take the duphaston.

All the best with the IVF.