Should I take another surgery for slight changes in EKG?

I just had a regular EKG as a surgery pre op and they said there were slight changes. They said not to be concerned but to get another one. Should I worried? What could cause this?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, Having slight changes in the EKG would not necessarily to be related to any heart problems. However, if your doctors decided to wait and get another one, that is to confirm the slight changes. Do not worry! Wait until the next EKG to get the final diagnosis! With regards to the causes, they do include: - slight heart rhythm changes - cardiomyopathy - ischemic heart disease All the best! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!