Should I be worried about stomach pain, loose stools, nausea, blood in stools and vomiting?
User rating for this question
18 Year old daughter has been having stomach issues lately (stomach pain, loose stools, etc) however, she began taking Pepcid which helped with pain. Last night she ate just plain rice but then when she went to the restroom her stools were full of rice. Is this normal or something to be concerned about?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Bacterial infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Loose stool is usually caused by bacterial infection of digestive tract. It can give fever, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Blood in stool or mucus can appear as well as undigested food parts. Please note that any diarrhea which lasts longer than 48 hours or there is any blood in stool, high fever, needs to be diagnosed and stool tests are necessary. That is why I suggest your daughter to visit a doctor and do not wait any more. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Low white blood cell count related to h pylori
- Feeling thigh muscles are tearing when squatting
- Black stool stomach pain nausea
- Stomach pain nausea vomiting only mucus in stools
- Blood in stool stomach pain nausea any idea
- Late period bloating indigestion
- Stomach pain blood in stool nausea constipation
- Nauseated feeling stuck in throat
- Gas discharge from mouth
- Itching after taking ganaton od
- Swollen right side neck muscle feels soft
- Intermittent hard stools
- Mouth feels sticky saliva thick
- Why sometumes mouth feel do taseless
- Nausea chalky stools stomach pain