Should I be worried about headache and swelling in temple area after a hit?

Apr 2014

Two days ago I was hit with a cupboard door to my left temple cheekbone area. I have sustained horrible headaches and swelling with tenderness to that area. Is this concerning.
Posted Sun, 4 Sep 2011 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need non contrast CT Scan of brain and PNS. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Since you have severe headache,you need proper clinical examination and investigations. You need non contrast CT Scan of brain and PNS to confirm bony injury and any hemorrhage in brain and sinuses. Further treatment depend upon clinical examination and CT Scan reports. At present you can take Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg SOS and serratopeptidase tablet thrice daily for four days. You should consult neurologist. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX