Should I be concerned with these blood test results?

Rheumatologist
Question
I am a 52 year male and recently had my year blood test to check my health. My iron study Serum ferritin 406 ug/l, Urate 0.43 umol/L and Bilirubin 27 umol/L. Should I be concerned.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that you will need to give the normal ranges for the tests above because normal values generally differ with the labs . Then I will make a comment on that. Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Should I be concerned with these blood test results? 9 hours later
ferritin (20-300) ug/L 506 urate 0.43 mmol/L (0.20-0.42) Bilirubin 27 umol/L (<20)

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for reverting back. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that S.ferritin is also a marker for inflammation so it can be raised due to some infection etc. It also signifies iron overload but that has to be judged according to the clinical scenario. Your urate levels and bilirubin level is not significant enough to be related to some pathology. If you have any symptoms or problem Kindly tell us . Take care . Dr. Shruti