Should I apply any ointment for dry skin and small wound inside my nose caused due to cold weather?

ENT Specialist
because of cold weather I have dry skin inside my nose and there seems to be a small wound. I have no problem but if I press my nose it pains. should I apply any ointment.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Neosporin eye ointment local application in nose Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You seems to have a furuncle in nasal vestibule or diffuse inflammation (nasal vestibulitis). Please use Neosporin or any other antibiotic ointment gently inside the nostril. Using an eye ointment tube will be easy as applying from a smaller tube is easy. Gentle application is necessary and under no circumstances, a furuncle in this part of face should be pressed. Also use an analgesic orally as it is mostly painful. In case, a bigger area is involved, use oral antibiotics also in consultation with an ENT. If headache is there, definitely see an ENT. Feel free to ask another query. Regards