Should Ceftin be used to treat severe UTI with sepsis and dementia caused by that severity?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ceftin alone will not be sufficient. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Severe UTI with sepsis and dementia is not likely to be controlled by Ceftin alone. Usually a urine culture sensitivity test has to be done to know the species of the bacteria affecting and the test also gives a list of antibiotics for which the organism is sensitive.Then starting on those antibiotics will cure the infection. Do consult a General Physician for you to be examined , confirm the diagnosis and put you on needed antibiotics. Complicated UTI is resistant to many antibiotics and sometimes requires combination of medications for a prolonged period until fully cured. Some measures which can help you: 1)Drink lots of water. 2)Empty the bladder completely as soon as you feel the urge to urinate. 3)Pass the urine before and after intercourse. 4)Wear loose cotton undergarments and wash them in antiseptic solution. 5)Take Cranberry juice as it inhibits bladder infection. 6)Take Vitamin C tablet Celin once a day for few months. It will help in increasing your immunity. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL