Shaved testicles and sides before anal sex. Had protected vaginal sex as. risk of HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I shaved my testicles & sides about an hour before having anal sex with a woman. Lube, a little feces, & I guess some of her anal secretions got on shaved parts not covered by the condom. Later, vaginal sex & its fluids on uncovered part. HIV risk If she was HIV+?
No blood on my shaved area but maybe unvisible shave cuts?
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for choosing XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern. When your exposures were protected with condom then the risk of HIV is negligible only. Penetrative sex both anal and vaginal carries a considerable risk towards HIV as the genitals are covered with mucosa and modified skin (more vulnerable) and due to the abrasions caused during sexual act and due to exposure of more body fluids. Whereas when it is well protected with condom the risk is totally reduced.
Even if we consider that woman is a HIV positive, and if you have shaved your parts around genitals, just prior to the sexual act, the risk for HIV is negligible only unless there is an obvious cut during shaving. Un-visible cuts as you said is not having much risk. Health care providers for HIV patients are caring the quite often with bare hands over their scratched areas of their body, sometimes even open wound at emergency times and we are still free from HIV even after years of service. Moreover if it carries considerable risk then many of the people in developing countries get shaving done at saloons would have been affected with HIV. But it is not happened like that.
So there is nothing to worry and you don't have any considerable risk for HIV.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Shaved testicles and sides before anal sex. Had protected vaginal sex as. risk of HIV? 1 hour later
I have Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease with a GFR of 21 - 24 and 300+ protein in my urine which a nephrologist should be 30. If HIV antibodies are protein maybe I am urinating them out so it will take longer for am HIV antibody test to be accurate?
Welcome back.

The protein, that is excreted through urine, is Albumin, a comparatively low molecular weight one whereas Human antibodies are immuno-globulins which are having high molecular weight and cannot pass through kidney.
Even otherwise the presence of kidney disease is not supposed to interfere with the HIV antibody formation and there is no question of delay in appearance of HIV antibodies or interfere with the accuracy of the test.
Dr S.Murugan