Sharp pain and sensitivity on the penis after vigorous intercourse. Advice?

Question
hi there, i recently like 2 weeks ago had a very vigorous sex, and it was a little sore after. it didn't had any tear. and currently my penis shaft, which is right below the penis gland(for the first inch) whenever i pull down my skin it feels sensitive and its like a mild sharp pain. Just to add on more detail on which part that i felt most sensitive.

WWW.WWWW.WW
btw i am not circumcised. Picture are for reference.

Anyway the part which i mention is between the sulcus and the circumcision scar line, Which is shown in the picture.

Again when i pull down the skin which cover my gland, it felt a little sting. It doesn't have any tear or whatsoever.

I am worried. Please advise me.

thanks
Can you please advise me what happen to this current situation.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 8 hours later

I would like to reassure you that there is nothing to worry if you and your partner are not suffering from a sexually transmitted disease.
You might be suffering from balanoposthitis for which you can take antibiotics like amoxicillin and clavulanic acid ,anti-inflammatory drugs and antifungal drugs like clotrimazole ointment for local application (for about 7days). However, the antibiotics are prescription drugs and you would need to consult your prescribe appropriate therapy.
But if you suspect that there is a possibility of a sexually transmitted disease, please do get the following investigations done:
•     Screening for HIV
•     Screening for hepatitis B & hepatitis C
•     VDRL
•     Urethral smear for gonorrhoea and herpes infection.

The treatment protocol will depend on the reports.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Sharp pain and sensitivity on the penis after vigorous intercourse. Advice? 1 hour later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX

Thank you for reassuring. But what you have mention as a balanoposthitis, it doesn't look like it as i ran through the search through the internet. Or does all balanoposthitis doesn't have the same effect? When i pull my foreskin down, at first it felt a little sting when initially i touch that part it felt a little sensitive but the more i touch it it doesn't feel anything. During the intercourse we were protected but its only during oral sex.

Anyway another question : a full blood test determine a gonorrhoea and herpes infection?

thx
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 22 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for reverting.

Course of the disease differs from patient to patient. Please send good photographs of your penis lesion, so that I can give my opinion.

Also tell me whether you are able to retract foreskin over glans or not?

Herpes can be diagnosed by blood test. For Gonorrhoea, test can be done urethral smear.

Kindly revert back with answer to my question and a picture, so that I can give appropriate suggestions.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Sharp pain and sensitivity on the penis after vigorous intercourse. Advice? 7 hours later
Hi Dr,

I have uploaded 3 pictures from 3 different angles.

I'm not sure what you mean by retract my foreskin. But i have no problem pulling my foreskin back and forth.

Please advise.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 59 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for reverting back with pictures.

I have gone through pictures you have provided and apparently I don't see any reason to worry about.

After looking at your photos, I feel, your problem could be due to vigorous intercourse which resulted in minor trauma to the penis hence you are facing this trouble.

You can apply Neosporin ointment locally which contains mild antibiotic and give you soothening effect.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Regards.