Sharp pain all over body. Do workout. Taking profin helps. Could this be sign of cancer?

I am having sharp and dull pains here and there and everywhere throughout the day. Sometimes it feels really deep. I do workout mostly regularly, mostly by walking. I have a 1 year old that keeps me up a lot in the night. Ib profin does help. Could this be a sign for cancer, if so how would they screen it. I really don't think I'm a hypochondriac but I have so many things wrong with me right now it's ridiculous. I feel like my body is acting 60 not 34. I am overweight by 20 pounds.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 days later

I went through the details submitted with diligence. I can understand your concern and your apprehension about cancer.

Having had many patients wanting to know whether or not they have cancer, I had gone through various books, articles, journals and research papers. After reading a lot about this topic, I found no robust medical evidence that indicates cancer when a few symptoms - recurrent fever, night sweats and loss of appetite/weight - are absent. These symptoms accompany most cancerous condition along with local signs.

You reported that you have random body pains throughout the days. These symptoms are not enough to raise doubts to suspect cancer. Therefore stay relaxed and calm. Should you like to get it tested, you may ask for a complete hemogram, ESR and peripheral smear test during your next visit to the doctor.

Based on my experience, these random pains may be related to physical as well as psychological factors. Lack of sleep and anxiety about cancer could be an associate cause. You may also get your thyroid study/profile test to exclude hypothyroidism.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Best wishes!!