Sharp breast pain on breathing. Chest X-ray clear. History of breast implants. What could this be?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
When i breath in my left rig and breast hurt. I get a sharp pain like a knife. I have had chest x-ray all clear. I do have breast implants, over 10 years now. I worry as this pain in my left side started in my rib about 8 weeks a go and now has moved into my left breast area. Hurts a lot when breathing or sucking in. I wonder what this could be?
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 49 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
from the description of the symptoms it appears that the symptoms could be arising from the beast implant itself. I would suggest the following
1. An MRI of the region that is of the thorax with special views of the left side. This is to check for the status of the implant and whether any local complication has developed.
An MRi will enable one to opine on the possible cause of this slowly advancing pain.
I hope this answers your querry.
Follow-up: Sharp breast pain on breathing. Chest X-ray clear. History of breast implants. What could this be? 42 minutes later
Thank you for your quick response. I have an appoinment at 11:40 with a GP so I shall let you know how I get on. I shall reply later ;0)
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later