Sexual intercourse, itch under penis head, two hard pimples. History of HPV. Do my symptoms indicate recurrence of HPV?

Urologist
Question
Hi Doctors...42 year old male...last week sexual intercourse with wife...next morning woke up with a slight itch under head of penis in foreskin...day later pulled foreskin back and observed 2 small whiteheads..looks like pimples but hard...full disclosure I was diagnosed with HPV 20 years ago...very familiar with signs and symptoms but I've never noticed this before...these whiteheads cause no problems but do not seem to be going away...any thoughts?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later

Dear,

There is a good possibility that what you are having is fungal Balanitis. You need to inquire your wife if she is troubled. Both of you need to be treated under the care of an urologist with oral as well local antifungal medications. Also get yourself checked to rule out onset of Diabetes.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.