Severe indigestion, gas formation, enlarged abdomen, tiredness, pain in legs. Cure ?

I m having severe indigestion with heavy gas formation and enlarged abdomen. I also feel veryt tired and continuous pain from heels upto knee region .Can u tell me the cause and cure this is an old problem but recurred since last 3 months.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Severe indigestion is a chronic problem and prevention is the best treatment.The main factors responsible for indigestion are-
2. Eating hurriedly without chewing properly.
3.Food allergies like beans, onions, etc.
4.Lack of exercise.
5. Improperly cooked food.
Try to avoid all these causative factors.
For treatment- Pineapple juice, lemon juice, ginger juice, grapes, etc may be taken after every meal for relief.Otherwise take antacids and digestive enzymes on regular basis for relief.
The pain from knee till heels is more likely due to osteoarthritic changes in your joints rather than being related to indigestion. An orthopaedician can help you well after proper examination.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.