Severe earache, jaw pain and unable to open mouth. What is going on?

Severe earache, jaw ache, can barely open my mouth and part of my lip is going
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems that you are having an inner ear infection which might have spread to the sinuses or might have infection the parotid gland that lies in the jaw line. The infection might need antibiotic treatment for which you have to visit your doctor. If there is any swelling below the jaw line then it parotiditis which is also causing earache. You can use ibuprofen or mefnamic acid for pain relief which are on the counter available drugs.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask