Sepate uterus,endometriosis,IUI,IVF

General Surgeon
29 yr old, married for 2 and half yrs, height: 5ft, weight: 48
i had undergone surgery for septate uterus and during the surgery got toknow that mild endometriosis wa also there. And corrected it through surgery. and waited for 6 months.then started ith IUI and 2 times i did. was not suscess.
please advice what to go for next? do i need to try IUI again or do i need to go for IVF.Please advice
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later
Known case of septate uterus with endometriosis ,treated surgically at the age of 29 years .

Married for two and half years .

I will like to know in details about your menstrual history and ovulation studies .

After septate and endometriosis surgery chances for conception increases ,even after six months wait result was not favorable.

IUI should be done at least for 3-6 months before going for IVF.

You should continue IUI for another 3-4 cycles before going for IVF.

If you need early result and finance is no problem,than you can go straight for IVF.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.