Semen culture showed growth of staphylococuss aureus. What are the risks?

Dear Sir,
This is regarding STI and STD..
Few months before... say exactly on July 18 i had written to you informing the tests that i took, it was all regarding STI/STD, Tests like Elisa, Western blot and TPHA were all negative for respective STD's. Semen culture showed no growth of any organisms...I had informed you that my last intercourse was in January and i had made these tests in July to overcome the window period.
My physician then overruled all other apprehensions in July.
However Now in October i made up my mind recently to take these tests once again as i am planning to get married soon . ELisa and western blot tests have turned up negative again and so is TPHA, Urine culture tests turned negative for gonococus. However just on the semen culture and sensitivity it states there is a growth of Staphylococuss aureus (SA), It also states (SA) is sensitive to doxycycline,cotrilmoxazole and resistant to cephalexin and cefuroxime.
please kindly clarify about Staphylococuss aureus, should i take any medicines?
I also read this could be a general germ which can be cured by taking simple antibiotics.
Kindly clarify.
regards XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 6 hours later
Staph aureaus is one of the most common infections that affects the human body.
Infection in urine might be as a result of blood infection and is related not only to STD' but any infection in body.
The bacteria as depicted by your tests can be cured easily by the course of medicines to which it is shown to be sensitive.
There is no coorelation for this growth to be related to any sort of STD and you should not worry. but you should definately undergo a course of antibiotic to eliminate this infection under your physicians supervision.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Semen culture showed growth of staphylococuss aureus. What are the risks? 14 minutes later
Dear Dr,
Just to reiterate...My urine Tests turned negative which means there was no infection in Urine.....
My concern is about semen culture and sensitivity.
please let me know about any recommended antibiotics.
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 23 hours later
Thanks for your follow up query as your culture sensitivity report suggest that your infection is sensitive to cotrimoxazole and doxycycline so you should start preferably cotrimoxazole under your clinicians supervision. A repeat culture be carried out after the completion of antibiotic course tto ensure complete cure.
Dr Rohit Batra