Semen analysis showed low sperm count and not getting erection. Suggest diet to help?

Hi Doctor,

I have recently undergone a semen analysis test after consulting a local doctor and came to know that I have low sperm count and he suggested a medication for low hormone levels & low sperm count as well which I'm taking it now.

My another worry which I'm having now is that I'm not getting good erection (normal & in nights) which I used to get previously.

Apart from this I want to follow good diet so that the sperm count will be at good level within a short time as I'm getting married in next few months.
So now my question is can you please suggest me a good diet (Food, fruits etc.) which improves the sperm count and which boosts my erection.

Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 41 hours later
Brief Answer:
Healthy balanced diet of veg and non-veg, small fi

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

The experts in treating hormone related problems are endocrinologist. I hope you are in consultation with an endocrinologist

There appropriate diet should comprise of both veg and non veg.

Among non-veg, preferred are small fish and sea fish.

Among veg, preferred are spinach ("palak saag"), ripe papaya, germinating seeds (like germinating green gram / black gram" and other fresh fruits in general.

In addition, take plenty of water, regular timing of going to sleep and getting up from bed, regular timing of bathing.

These dietary pattern are supplementary to hormonal treatment, not a substitute to hormonal treatment.

Therefore, continuing hormone treatment is must. this should help both improvement in erection and sperm count

Hope this helps

Wish you a happy married life, in advance