Semen analysis showed astheno teratozoospermia. Is there any chance of having baby?

Infertility Specialist
Question
i have 2 child 9 years & 6 years < but now wife is not geeting pegnent
my report semen fluid
sperm count : 20 million/ml , total sperm count 60 million ?ejaculate
motile spermatozoa 17%
grading of motility
rapid progressive : 00%
slow progressive : 17%
non progressive :09%
immatile : 74%
sprem morphlolgy
normal sperm 01%
head defect 95%
neck defect 76%
tail defect 24%
cytoplasmci proplet 08%
imressiom ASTHENO-TERATOZOOSPERMIA
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following are my comments & suggestions:

1) your total sperm count is normal. ( More than 20 million)

2) Your sperm motility is low. Active motility is zero. This is called Asthenospermia.

3) Your sperm morphology is low. Means the normal looking sperms are very loss. Majority are with defect in sperm head.

4) All these parameters could be cause of secondary infertility.

5) I suggest you start taking antioxidant medicines after obtaining prescription from your doctor. Repeat the semen analysis after 3 months of treatment.

6) I also recommend getting evaluation for your wife especially tubal status (HSG) and follicular growth scan. As there will be changes in her also along with age.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Semen analysis showed astheno teratozoospermia. Is there any chance of having baby? 2 days later
Dear sir,
My wife report of HYSTEROSALPINGOGRAPHY

IV BUSCOPAN ADMINISTERED DURING PRODEDURE
ENDOCAVITY :
ENDOCAVITY SHAPE , OURLINE APPEAR NORMAL
NO INDENTATATION MARGINAL IRREGULARITY OF ENDOCAVITY OUTLILE SEEN
NO ECTRINSIC PRESSURE EFFECT SEEN
TUBES:
BOTH TUBES ARE WELL DEMONSTRATED UPTO FIMBRIAL ENDS . TUBES ARE NOT DILATED AND SHOWS REGULAR SMOOTH LUMINAL OUTLINE.
FREE UNSRETRICTED SPILLAGE OF CONSTRASCR SEEN IN BOTH PELVIC AREA.
IMPRESSION
MORAMAL ENDOCAVITY , BILAATERAL PATENT TUBE.

SIR NOW A AM TAKING PATERNIA TABLE(COMPOSITION :- CO ENZYME Q10, L-CARNITINE, LYCOPENE AND ZINC )

SIR PLEASE SUGESSET WHAT TO DO , IS IT POSSIABLE TO GET PEGNENT AT THIS STAGE , WHO MUCH CHANCE FO GETTING PEGNENT BY THE MEAN OF IVF, ICSI

HOW MUCH IS COST.

THANKING YOU XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

Thanks for reply.

following is the reply for your queries:

1) HSG report of your report is normal. There is no need to worry as both tubes are patent. Therefore you can try for pregnancy naturally also.

2) Please continue taking tablet Paternia which is good for improving the sperms to certain extent.

3) You can go for IVF / ICSI. The chance of conception varies based on age and so many other factors. In general success rates vary between 30 to 60 %.

4) The cost varies in each city. It is generally between 1.25 to 2 lakhs based on centre and injections used.

I hope I answered your query.If no more queries, please accept the answer & close the query.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Infertility & IVF specialist.