Seeing a spot which moves with eye movements. What could this be?

when I wink (especially quickly) I see a spot( maybe big as a thumbnail) grey and I can't see through it. When i look left or right the patch moves as well . If I look left it goes left etc. I have been to an eye clinic and they have checked my retina, iris and soon but they can't find anything . am going back there on Wednesday and I have to say I am rather worried. Could u give me any advise or suggestion what could that be? Thank you
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
The symptoms are indicating floaters.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Iam Dr. Dadapeer K and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you have provided here of seeing a spot which moves with eye movements is indicating one of the common symptoms called as Floaters.

Floaters is the appreciation of opacities within the field of vision and which move with the movement of eyes. Floaters are because of presence of opacities in the eye in the posterior segment of the eye which includes structures behind the lens including vitreous and retina.

The commonest cause of floaters is because of presence of opacities in the vitreous which lies in front of the lens. Floaters are common in elderly people and people with refractive error like myopia because of liquefaction of vitreous.

Since you are only 29 year old and since you have not mentioned about any refractive error, floaters in your case needs to be evaluated. But not to worry in majority of cases floaters are because of benign reasons and wont harm. However sudden onset of floaters or sudden increase in the floaters can be a sign of retinal tear, retinitis, intermediate uveitis...

Hence I advice you to undergo examination by a ophthalmologist or preferably by a retina specialist to find out any underlying cause.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you