Sebaceous cyst removed surgically. Feeling muscle pain in face and muscle weakness. Any ideas?

Nov 2013

I'm 34 male, and I had a sebaceous cyst removed, surgically, by a doctor two days ago on my rear, right hand side of the neck. Since, I've been feeling muscle-related pain from the right side of my face, and today it has gotten worst, feels like all my upper and lower teeth on the right hand side hurts, and my right side face and head hurts, like migranes, and so my right side of the neck. I have an entire muscle weakness, and had started developing chills. I was wondering what this could be?
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
The most likely reason could be a muscular pain. This should resolve with analgesics. You could take diclofenac or ibuprofen for the relief.
Other possibility is to exclude any infection in the area. Clues to suggest an infection would be increased warmth over the affected area, redness and swelling and presence of fever. If signs of infection are present, you may require antibiotics.
As of now, it does not seem to be any serious or intra-cranial problem.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist