Scheduled to have rhinoplasty. Taken Oxycodone. Will there be complications in surgery?

Hello. I am 18 years old, 175 pounds and male. I have a rhinoplasty surgery tomorrow, during which i will be put under with anesthesia. I made a mistake and took about 60-90 mg of oxycodone in the last day and a half, however i am not a light weight for i have been violated the controlled substance act, and have taken oxycodone unprescribed (which i am now having to deal with a D.O. and an outpatient program for). I realize that it is a mistake. During my preoperative registration today, I explained this to the nurse who interviewed me, and she said i ought to be fine as long as i don't take any more oxy or smoke or drink after midnight tonight, seeing as the surgery is tomorrow. I took oxy this morning, which I see now was a mistake. My question is, will there be complications in my surgery tomorrow because of the oxy i have taken? Im not a lightweight, so im not sure if the amount of oxy that will be in my system added with the anesthesia will cause complications. Please clarify for me, thank you
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Hello and thanks for the query.
Oxycodone is a narcotic pain reliever similar to morphine.
Since the amount of oxycodone used by you in past one day is quite large,I would advise you to tell your surgeon about it.your treating doctor should know about all the drugs used by you.
I hope it helps.
Revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck.