Scan showed bulky uterus. Missing periods. What does this mean?

I have just had a scan that says my uterus is bulky and retroflexed with a central endometrial echo measuring 15mm. What does this mean? I have pcos and I'm not pregnant, LNMP 21.05.2012. Have regular 29-33 day cycle, this is the first time in approx 3 yrs I have missed a period.
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
A bulky retroverted uterus is a normal finding. Since you are not pregnant and your periods are overdue, mild hypertrophy of the endometrium is expected. This will normalize after you have your periods.
The delay in your periods is likely to be due to hormonal disturbance. You can consult your gynecologist who will prescribe you progesterone tablets for a withdrawal bleeding to occur after ruling out the pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.