Rumbling in stomach. Having tightness across abdomen above the waist. Feeling bloated. Suggest a solution?

Apr 2014

I have been experiencing a lot of stomach rumbling lately and today I have a tightness across my abdomen above the waist. It is bloated and very uncomfortable. It isn't typical gas since drinking a carbonated beverage doesn't cause burping.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need pantoprazole and domperidone tablets

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

It may be due to gastrointestinal upset that may occur due to certain food intake.
At present you can take tablet pantoprazole and domperidone combination before food for at least one week.
If it is very much distressing then you can also take pantoprazole(40 mg) injection I.V stat.
Further detailed investigations can be done if needed like routine hemogram,LFT,RBS,ultrasound of abdomen,Upper GI endoscopy.
You may also seek physician opinion if needed.
Avoid fatty and spicy foods for time being.
Your condition is not so serious and you will definitely feel better after taking tablets.

Hope i have answered your your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care