Rolling hernia, wants to conceive a child. Medication ?

i would like to be pregnante but i have rolling hernai of 3cm. would it be helped with the medication while i m pregnante
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 3 hours later

Rolling hernia or paraesophageal hernia occurs through a defect in the diaphragm. It is more liable to complications than the sliding hernia.

Rolling hernia cannot be cured with medicines and is likely to worsen during pregnancy as the intra abdominal pressure increases.

So it is better to get it operated and corrected prior to pregnancy, if it is symptomatic

Hope my answers are adequate and informative. Should you have more concerns, I will be available to address them.