Rheumatoid arthritis, humira, methotrexate, oxy elite pro okay to take ?

I am a 51 year old female and have rheumatoid arthritis and take Humira and Methotrexate for treatment. Other than the RA, I'm healthy (I don't have high blood pressure or diabetes, etc.) At this age, I'm finding it harder than it has EVER been to drop a few pounds. Is it safe for me to take OxyElite Pro? I want to lose 10-15 pounds soon! Thank you!
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later

Since you are on medications for Rheumatiod arthritis, like Humira and Methotrexate. I suggest you to avoid taking OxyElite Pro , though there are no recorded drug interactions noted, it is better to avoid.

Drug Humira is known to increase blood cholesterol and a regularly blood cholesterol levels should be checked.

You should follow healthy diet and avoid crash diet.
In most cases dieting is used in combination with physical exercise to lose weight .
You must eat healthy foods; avoid snacking, alcohol and so on in order to lose those pounds. Nutrition plays an important role in fat loss and muscle gain and this is where a balanced diet comes in. Ensure that you have five or more small meals throughout the day. Avoids sweets, sugary foods, get the required amount of fats, calories and protein daily.

A balanced diet can be constructed based on the weight , occupation, and on your routine diet. You need to consult your treating doctor and take necessary precautions before you try to loose weight.