Rh negative blood, wishing to take HCG diet, fearful of delusional pregnancy and strange bodily reactions to it

Hello. My blood is Rh Negative. I've been thinking about purchasing the Hcg diet. If I take this diet which is supposed to "trick" my body into thinking that it is pregnant will I get sick? I'm wondering what will happen when my Rh Negative blood begin to "look" for a baby that really isn't there? Will my body be thrown off balance? Or, will my body just simply not react because there is no "foreign body" present for my Rh negative blood to "attack"?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Irrespective of the blood group, HCG diet as such has side effects and should be taken with caution.

You are Rh-negative. You may develop antibodies to an Rh-positive baby, if a small amount of the baby's blood mixes with your blood. This happens during pregnancy (real pregnancy). But since you are not pregnant or carrying a Rh positive baby,your body will not respond negatively to the HCG diet just because of your blood group.

Any side effects that occur to the HCG diet are irrespective of the blood group and can occur in a person with any blood group. Each person reacts to this drug differently and hence you should take this diet only after your doctor’s supervision.

Side effects of this diet include swelling of the ankles/feet, mental/mood changes (e.g., depression, irritability), chest pain, slurred speech, weakness on one side of the body and confusion.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wish you good health.