Results show HB 14.8, ESR 45 and SGPT and SGOT increased than normal. Suggestions?

Question
Sir, My HB IS 14.8, but ESR 45..SGPT AND SGOT ARE INCREASED HIGH AS PER THE NORMAL VALUES OF THE LAB. SGPT is doubled of the normal value.....and Billirubin is 1.2 last value of the normal range. High bad chollestrol LDL AND HDL both increased.My body is thin or an average body except my belly (Abdoman) its just like a football.waist 44" chest 38" wt 72 Kg.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely Fatty Liver - Needs Further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

Your laboratory reports are suggestive of Mild Liver Inflammation.

The combination on increased ESR, Elevated cholesterol, abdominal obesity can lead to Fatty liver which can in turn cause mild liver inflammation.

Regular exercise and weight loss is the most important requirement at this stage.

There are other causes which you must check. Ultrasound Scan of abdomen to confirm fatty liver. Hepatitis B and C. Stop alcohol if you take. Avoid pain killers and other hepatotoxic drugs such as herbal preparations.

Please get back if you need any further information.

Warm regards,

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: Results show HB 14.8, ESR 45 and SGPT and SGOT increased than normal. Suggestions? 32 hours later
Respected Sir, I am giving the details of Blood Test:- LIPID PROFILE NORMAL VALUES S.CHOLESTEROL 231.0 mg/dl (Normal Values Acceptable - upto 200.0) S.TRIGLYCERIDE 176.0 mg/dl (Normal Values Desirable -< 200 VLDL 35.2 mg/dl (Suspicious-34.0 mg/dl or above) HDL 57.0 mg/dl ( 30-70.0) LDL 138.8 mg/dl (Optimal-<100) CHOL/HDL ratio 4.0 (0 - 3.3) LDL/HDL 2.4 (Low risk - 3.3-4.4) LIVER FUNCTION TEST S.BILIRUBIN(T) 1.2mg/dl (0.1-1.2) ( (D) 0.2 (0-0.2) SGOT 31.0U/ml (upto 40) SGPT 70.0U/ml (upto 40) S.ALK.PHOSPHATASE 212.0U/L (Adults 70-306) T.PROTEIN 5.7g/dl (6.0-8.3) ALBUMIN 4.5g/dl (3.5-5.5) ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................E.S.R. 45 mm unit mm (Normal Range Male-0-9) S URIC ACID 7.2 " dl ( " " M-3.0-7) SUGAR FASTING 89.0 mg/dl ( 60.0-126.0mg/dl) Kindly now give your opinion.

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Metabolic syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

Your blood tests reveals elevated total and LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, mild increase in SGPT and ESR.

This suggests Metabolic abnormality suggestive of Metabolic Syndrome.
The most important aspect of treatment is regular exercise and weight loss.
As of now there is no need for medications.

Avoid drugs which can injure liver such as alcohol, pain killers etc.

Reduce your fat intake.

All the abnormalities are reversible once you follow regular exercise and maintain weight.

You just also repeat the tests in three months to monitor your progress.

Thanks,

Warm regards,

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: Results show HB 14.8, ESR 45 and SGPT and SGOT increased than normal. Suggestions? 3 hours later
Thanks for your response Sir.....i have only to say sir...that i am not a fatty person......yes indeed i am ugly in shape as my hands, legs, face are thin and slim but my Belly is like a football it is 44" to 46".it looks very ODD. So if weight loss totally...then other parts of body look more weak and slim. How can i reduce the belly bcoz i always have a big amount of GAS.....pl.advice me to proper exercise or the medicine for this Gas which spoiling my health. At last i again try to attract your kind attention........That i have no habit of Tea,Coffee,Non-Veg,eggs,Wine or any alcoholic type of liquor and i will never take these things even as a Medicine. My favorites are Milk,Curds,Juice,Cheese and nuts etc however i have no Routine to have these.I am not taking pain killer but I have to take a Alprozolam Pill (Anxit 0.25) from last 24 years. Kindly read my history. I really highly obliged if you kindly read again the Medical History and then suggest me. Thank you Sir ! with best regards! XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Regular exercise with reverse all the issues

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

I have gone through your medical history. I must tell you the Abdominal Obesity can cause elevations of SGOT and SGPT as well as ESR. Infact, it is the waist circumference, not necessarily the body weight which is an important predictor of vascular diseases.

Hence, you must try to reduce the size if your waist. I am glad that you do not have any unhealthy habits. Good.

You should do regular daily aerobic exercise. Once you lose weight, you ll lose the abdomen faster than other areas if body. Also, you can do some minor weight training to maintain the muscle bulk if hands and legs.

Avoid excess cheese and nuts as they are high in fat.

I wish you all the best for your efforts towards healthy life.

Warm regards,

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: Results show HB 14.8, ESR 45 and SGPT and SGOT increased than normal. Suggestions? 3 days later
Sir,Thanks for your co operation....As i am totally vegeterian not taking tea,cofee,alcohol,egg,meat...only to take vegitables and cow milk...."cheese,nuts,fruits.....3 to 7 days in a MONTH" !! So plz advice me now could i take Almonds in coming winter season? Can i get any diet chart ? Thanks Again...With Regards! XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 4 days later
Brief Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

Detailed Answer:
Extremely sorry for a late reply.

You can take almonds and they improve your diet quality a lot. They add Omega 3 Fatty acids, fibre and a lot of minerals to your diet. You can take 4 almonds a day soaked in warm water.
Since you are taking vegeterian diet, you may be deficient in Vit B12, Folic acid. It would be good to supplement them externally. You can take MEGANEURON OD PLUS one tab on alternate days for one month.

Expert dietitians plan diet charts. It would be wise to approach one in your area.

Thank you for the patience.