Removal of copper T, no periods post this. Pregnancy test negative. Is this normal and how to start periods?

My wife had copper T, and we have got that removed on 22nd-Nov-2011. And she used to have her menstrual around 6/7 th of every month, but she did not have yet in Dec-11. We have done the preganency test too using the kit, it came negative. Please let us know is it normal to miss the menstural after removing copper T or do we need to take any medicine/test.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Periods can become irregular or delayed after CUT removal but one has to take precautions.

As you have done pregnancy test which is negative , you can wait for a week and repeat the test again

If still negative, you can get one ultrasound done so as to see any endometrial thickness or cyst in ovaries

After confirmation of negative test, you can take norethisterone tablets under your doctor's guidance and prescription

I would also suggest that your wife gets your haemoglobin levels done as anaemia can also cause delayed periods. Take iron supplements under the guidance of your treating physician if haemoglobin levels are low.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Any further query is most welcome.