Redness on penis head and on foreskin. Gets more red after sex or hot shower, no itching or pain. Suggest?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Redness on penis head glans area and some on foreskin and it looks shiny as well its been going on 9 months now having this it gets more red after sex or hot shower i done went to a dermatologist and she didnt think it wasn't nothing serious i have no itching no burning no pain or anything like that just the redness
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later

Thanks for query and posting the photographs.

After reading your complaints and seeing photographs, I think ,you are having Zoon's balanitis, also known as balanitis circumcripta plamacellularis.

It is benign condition characterised with shiny,reddish , circumscribed plaque on glans and prepuce.

It may be precipitated by poor hygiene, trauma, friction, heat, chronic infection with mycobacterium smegmatis..etc

Clinically it is diagnosed, however ,biopsy may be done to confirm.

It may be confused with candidiasis, erythroplasia of Queyrat,lichen planus,psoriasis..etc.

Tacrolimus oint. 0.1 percent is helpful.

Fusidic acid 2 percent may improve the condition.

Circumcision is best treatment to cure the disease.

But, you discuss with your dermatologist for perfect treatment.

Circumcision is simple procedure, in which fore skin ( prepuce) is removed under local anaesthesia.

I hope you might be satisfied with my answer.

Still, if you have query, you may ask.

Thanks and wishing you fast recovery.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD