Redness on penis and on foreskin. More after sex or hot shower. Doesn't itch or burn. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Reddness on penis glans and some on foreskin been there for about 9 months gets more red after sex or hot shower doesn't itch or burn with to my dermatologist she said it didn't look like something bad like a yeast infection or anything
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts and photograph that you have posted it appears that you have red spots on your glans penis and foreskin which develop more on sexual intercourse.

It does not look like to be any bacterial or fungal infection as rightly pointed out by Dermatologist but is just excessive blood circulation that happens when penis gets erected during sex.

Do not worry , It has no clinical significance as long as you do not have any urinary or other symptoms like burning, itching or swelling etc.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Redness on penis and on foreskin. More after sex or hot shower. Doesn't itch or burn. Suggest? 2 minutes later
thanks and I don't have no pain or itching just the redness but it will get more red after hot shower or after intercourse when not its little red but not to bad still can see it and looks shiny as well

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 37 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
There is increased blood flow to the glans during sexual intercourse and hot shower that remains congested for some time for looking it red.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.