Ask a Urologist   »  

Redness and spots on foreskin. Is is it Balanitis?

im 33 yrs old Male, i think i have Balanitis, on my penis head, some part of it is red with few sopts, and some redness on the foreskin, skin is not peeling.
should i use eumosome creame

Pls advice medication for the same.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Follow-up: Redness and spots on foreskin. Is is it Balanitis? 7 minutes later
scalp posrasis is there for the past 2 weeks, started this medicine few days back, condition much better now.

regarding this Balanitis, week back initially i had burning feeling while urinating, but now it is not there.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 22 minutes later

Balanitis is an infection affecting the glans,prepuce and foreskin. There will be redness, erythema, penile discharge, painful retraction of the foreskin etc. The diagnosis needs to be confirmed by examination.

I suggest that you be examined by a doctor to confirm this.

You should soak the glans, after retracting the foreskin in warm water. This often helps.

Male sure you keep proper hygiene. Topical clotrimazole cream or bacitracin cream application should also help, if it were to be balanitis.
If you have had unprotected sex recently, I would also advise ruling out sexually transmitted infections.

Mainstay of treatment is antibiotic application. Since you already have psoriasis it's advisable that infection of the penis be differentiated from balanitis. A dermatologist can help you.

Hope I have answered your query.