Red spots on forearm, not itching, do not change in size. Had skin reaction to blood pressure medication

I have three red spots on my forearm. They are about 1/8 to 1/4 inch are irregularly shaped,flat and do not itch.
I have had them for over one year. They do not seem to change in size. I have had them since I had a psorasis type skin reaction to a blood preasure medicine which cleared up after stopping the medicine. Since stoping the medicine I have had no other psorasis type reaction.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 3 hours later
thanks for posting your query.
I went through your short history.
Your symptoms look like post inflammatory pigmentation due to resolved skin lesion which could be psoriasis as you pointed it out.
most post inflammatory lesions take a longer time to resolve.
Still there are few agents like depigmenting creams that you can try.
one of them is hydroquinone 2% cream or azelaic acid 20%.
there are also many safer botanicals like kojic acid, arbutin or glabaridin which you can try.
But, it is better to consult a dermatologist and confirm that is is a post inflammatory lesion only.
bye, have a good day XXXXXXX PVS