Red line running from wrist upto inner arm, sores on arm. Used antibiotic cream. How to cure it ?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have a red line running from my wrist up my inner arm. I have sores on my arm and I think that one on my wrist is infected. I keep using antibiotic cream and clean with hand disinfectent. It isn't going away.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later

From your description it appears to be either impetigo or lymphangitis.

This is due to streptococcal infection. You need to start an antibiotic for the condition along with elevation of the limb for some time with ice fomentation to the red areas.