Red hives on face, not used any cream, recurring. Solution?

Jul 2012

Its been more than year I have red hives on my face, these small redish hives are inside skin and they come and go. I have not used any cream on face from last 4-5 months. Kindly suggest me a solution for this. I am fed up.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 33 minutes later
I understand your frustation as if indeed they are hives, believe you me, most dermatologists pull their hair out trying to treat such cases of hives! perhaps why most of us are bald or balding! there's a useful tip..whenever choosing between two dermatologists' pick one who is balder! These problems are best addressed on the ground by a dermatologist nearest you & if you wish to tell me which area you hail from, i would be happy to recommend one nearest the interim, allow me..
Concentrating on your problem....can you please upload a clear photograph preferably close-up of the lesions to start assured, this site is safe & secure & it can be uploaded using the 'upload data' icon.. XXXXXXX staff can be contacted in case of any difficulties.
Second, please can i ellicit some further history relevant to your condition...
When exactly did this problem start? Have you met some dermatologist who made this diagnosis? Does it get worse in the sunlight or outdoors or perhaps even discotheques etc with strobe lights? Are stressors aggravating this condition?
Are you married (this may have direct bearing on the former question :) )? Have you had any acne issues? Does someone else in the family have any similar issues &/or are there any familial blood disorders known to you in your family?
Do these get worse when you excercise, sweat, are frightened or stressed, after a hot shower, after towelling/rubbing your face?
What medication have you used for this hitherto & what dose & what (if anything) has actually worked for you?
Do you have any known, cosmetics etc? Has there been a change of any face products over the last 1-2 years that may have contributed? Are you using any daily-use creams like fair & lovely for eg.? Is your face getting dry?
Please get back to me with these answers' & will take it from there.
For the interim, for immediate relief, please take a tablet fexofenadine 180 (allegra is one trade name) once/day & avoid sun exposure.
Await your response.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India